CSS and HTML... Never thought I will mess around with these things

01:18 Pi is the new bitcoin 0 Comments

This weekend started a little lazy. After sleeping till eight in the morning, I was awakened by Linus who literally jumped on me like a wrestler would do to take down his opponent. That by the way is his way of showing love to me... what a lovely child. So after being crushed by Linus in the bed, it was time to wake up and get out of bed.
After having breakfast I put the clothes to wash that had accumulated in last few days. During all this time Linus had been running and jumping around the apartment. God knows where this kid gets so much energy from. His older brother Aryan is more of a laid back kid, he is happy playing his video games. Aryan's rule is simple, don't bother him unless it is going to be the end of the world and he will let you live in peace. Disregard this rule and all hell will break in.
Anyway, it was time to take Linus out to play so he can spend his energy outdoors. So I took Linus outside.
Luckily the apartment complex is very big and has many parks for kids, so there was plenty of activities for Linus to drain his batteries. Then after an hour and a half outdoors Linus was tired and we headed back home.
View from the apartment

Map of where all we walked

When we got home Linus was tired so he joined Aryan in watching TV. Ana was in the kitchen trying to figure out what new food experiment she would try on us today. The clothes were still in the third or forth wash cycle and the washing machine was doing it's good job. So there I had some time to relax. So I sat down and opened my laptop and did the usual social network browsing and reading some useless news.
Then I started looking at the blog. Although it was OKish as it was, it felt too common and same as any one else's blog who uses blogger. So I got a wired idea of making changes to the blog to make it unique. So after reading up some material on the web and tweaking some settings I messed up the whole blog. I am not sure if anyone noticed the mess I was making of the blog while experimenting new things.

Well, it didn't take me long to realize that to make the web page better and unique it needed some tweaking in the HTML code and the Internet Gurus in their guides on how to make a web page better, were talking about CSS. In the beginning I was taken back a little, as I didn't have a clue what CSS was. CSS by the way is  Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and it is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language. So after reading a little more and understanding a little bit (not everything really), I decided to just go ahead and mess around some more in the already messed up blog page.

It took me a lot of time to figure things out, but I somehow managed to get back the blog in a better, well let's just say "acceptable" form. Better is still miles away. So finally I managed to change the look of the blog a bit, but there is still a huge amount of work to be done. But I hope this change will not make the reading of the blog worse (if anyone is reading this blog at all in the first place). I am still learning these new flashy things about web page editing, so gradually there will be improvements.

Ana also had been doing some studying as well later in the afternoon and in the evening we were little tired. Kids were as usual still full of energy, so we decided that we will go out to eat in the evening. Going out to eat is one of the kids favorite pastime.




By the time we were done eating in the evening the kids were tired as well. They did not even wait to reach home and were catching some Zzz's in the car already.

In other news, it is the "waiting patiently" phase going on these days as all the action is happening behind the screens, i.e. production of our new house is going on in the factory which we cannot really see. No big changes/updates worth mentioning are currently happening. So we continue to wait.


0 comments: