Planning kitchen isn't a child's play

00:29 Pi is the new bitcoin 0 Comments

It has been quite some time since my last post. My days have been very busy. Especially the kitchen plan and design has taken a lot of time. Never in my life had I thought that I will spend so much amount of time planning and designing the kitchen. But kitchen is an important part of the house, so when you are building a new house, everything including the kitchen needs to be perfect... or near perfect at least.
Like I mentioned in my previous post we have finally decided to visit HTH showroom in Jönköping. But it is going to be a rush. We don't have much time to discuss all the details as the meeting would be just couple of hours and we have to get back to Karlskrona to pick up the kids before school closes. So we are trying our best to plan as much detail as we can manage for the kitchen. So we have asked our contact at HTH in Jönköping to make 3D plans of the kitchen with the basic setup so that we can get an idea how the kitchen would look like and then do the modifications that we want.
Since the day we have received the drawings for the house, I think I must have changed the details at least 4-5 times till now and have asked our contact in Jönköping to update the 3D drawings with every change that we made. I think our contact at HTH in Jönköping must have realized that I am not a easy person to deal with when it comes to designing kitchen. But hey, we are the ones paying, so they will have to bear with us.
Me an my wife have so many discussions 5-6 times a day about each and every tiny detail in the kitchen plan and design. What color would suit the best, would dark shade look better than the brighter one, what kind of holders should we have, where should the sink be, would the color of the shelves and drawers go with the kitchen floor color, would LED stripes be better option than the LED spot lights.... and many other never ending questions keep running through our heads.
The idea is to at least have an agreement between me and my wife on majority of the things that we would like to have in the kitchen so that our visit to Jönköping is more useful in finalizing the kitchen with in the couple of hours we would have there. So we also paid a visit to the smaller HTH shop here in Karlskrona to get a feel of some materials. It was supposed to help us, but after looking at so many options we got more anxious as to what we should choose. 😵

In the mean while we have also been looking at some apartments to move in temporarily to save costs. And the last apartment we saw looks promising and if we are lucky, we would be able to rent this apartment. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best. After all we have only until the end of January.

0 comments: